Job description: Multimedia Assistant Intern
The Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an International Catholic agency with a mission to accompany, serve and defend the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people. JRS is present in over 50 countries worldwide. The work is overseen by 10 regional offices with support from the International Office in Rome. JRS Asia Pacific is offering direct assistance to refugees and internally displaced persons in Australia, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar , the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand. We are looking for an energetic Multimedia Assistant Intern to support the production of digital content.
This internship will support JRS communications in developing communication materials, providing documentation support as well as other tasks assigned by the JRS supervisor. The internship also provides a reasonable stipend. This position will work under the supervision of Communications Officers and Director.
- Multimedia Assistant Intern is familiar with graphic design, video production, content development, photography, and social media.
- For this position, the intern must be a graduate of communication, and other related fields.
- Prioritize, organize, and concurrently meet deadlines
- Develop creative ideas for all productions, including story development.
- Additional duties as assigned
Position specific responsibilities
- Edit and enhance images utilizing software
- Candidates are required to have a portfolio of work that showcases their talent in photography.
- Develop promotional materials (posters and social media graphics)
- Create video content
- Candidates are required to have a portfolio of work that showcases their talent and approach to graphic design and have experience with any or all of the following software: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects.
- Assist in all aspects of video production (i.e. interview, write, direct, camera operation, video editing, etc.)
- Candidates are required to have a portfolio of work that showcases their talent in video production and have experience in any or all of the following areas of video production: screenwriting, directing, camera operation, cinematography, audio recording, postproduction/editing, and audio finalization.
- promotional materials (posters and social media graphics)
Internship period: 3 months
Multimedia Assistant Intern is required to work an equivalent of 3 regular working days a week.
The selected intern will sign an internship agreement, code of conduct, and undergo child safeguarding with JRS.
How to apply
Send your CV and portfolio to email@example.com
Women are encouraged to apply.